Saturday 28 January 2012

Grey Wrap Dress - Simplicity 2369

This is the long waited wrap dress that I promised myself months ago.  I started work on this dress over Christmas. The pattern is simplicity K2369 from the May addition of Sew magazine.

Grey Wrap Dress - Simplicity 2369
Grey Wrap Dress - Simplicity 2369

I bought the fabric from the Birmingham’s Rag Market for £1 a meter, and bought 3m’s of it. Its is a knit fabric; i don't know what it was made of but it was very easy to work with.  I cut out a top from the same material, and made the top up straight away, but have waited until now to sew up the dress. So for £3 i have managed to get a top and a dress for my money, not bad going. 


Grey Wrap Dress - Simplicity 2369
Grey Wrap Dress - Simplicity 2369

When I first decided to make this dress I really wanted a long sleeve dress for the winter, so I made the top version of this pattern as a warm up (see Blue Wrap Top).  I had never altered a pattern in this way and it did not work out. So I eventually decided that I should not mess with the pattern and made up view B, with the cap sleeves. It has turned out very well; I find the wrap part at the front really very flattering as it covers up some of my fat tummy.   

When I get board of this as a dress I might shorten it so I can wear it with jeans.





3 comments:

  1. That dress looks really good on you! I am thinking of making it in a print but wanted to see what others have thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      The first time i made this it did not work out so well, but the second time (above) it work out very well. I thing the key is to used a knit that is not to flimsy.

      Delete
  2. How fabulous do you look! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete